Want to make more of a stand on climate change but don’t know where to start? A good place to begin is to follow Environmental charities and agencies. They organise rallies and even letter writing sessions to get you started with letters and emails to your local councillors and MEP’s. Some suggestions are:
- Friends of the Earth Ireland – Friends of the Earth campaigns for environmental justice and sustainability.
- The Irish wildlife trust aims to conserve wildlife and the habitats they depend on throughout Ireland while encouraging a greater understanding and appreciation of the natural world and the need to protect it
- Greenpeace – We defend the natural world and promote peace by investigating, exposing and confronting environmental abuse, and championing responsible solutions for our fragile environment.
- climateIreland – Adaptation can help individuals, communities, organisations and natural systems deal with the impacts of climate change.
- https://www.stopclimatechaos.ie/ – Stop Climate Chaos is a coalition of civil society organizations campaigning to ensure Ireland does its fair share to tackle the causes and consequences of climate change.
- Sick of plastic campaign – all about leaving your plastic at the till.
- The Environmental Protection agency or EPA has some great resources
If you have a favourite product or service that you like but they don’t use the greenest practices, write to them. Chances are they want to be greener and if you tell them they might be able to do something about it.